Hey there strong people!
I decided to change it up from recipe posting this week and add a workout post to give you some motivation and inspiration! These workouts can be done almost anywhere: a traditional gym, a Crossfit gym, your garage, or even at a park. I love creating workouts that are “fun” and that make time fly by!
I like to program my workouts where I am doing strength about 3x/week and more high-intensity focused workouts 2-3x/week. I usually take 1 or 2 rest days. If you must do strength and conditioning on the same day, do whatever your focus is during that phase first. For example, if you want to get stronger, do the strength component first and then conditioning. If your focus is to up your conditioning, focus on that before strength. Just know, one will suffer since it is a lot on your body.
Here are 7 high-intensity workouts to add to your routine!
1. 15 min. AMRAP
20 Kettle-bell Swings
2. 3 Rounds: 1 minute at each
3. Dirty 30: For time: 2 rounds
30 Goblet Squats
30 KB Swings
4. 12 min. AMRAP 3, 6, 9, 12….(Up by 3 until time is up.) of:
5. For time:
40 Calorie Row/Bike/Ski Erg
20 Man-makers (DB Push-up + Renegade Row + Squat Clean + Press-google it!)
6. 7 min. AMRAP (Each will be a 7 minute AMRAP for a 21 minute workout.)
- 20 Cal Row + 20 DB Thrusters (squat + press)
- 20 DB Snatches + 20 Sit-ups
- 20 KB Swings + 20 Burpees
7. 5 Rounds:
10 Box Jumps/Step-ups
10 Toes 2 Bar/Knee Raises/V-ups