Hey there strong people!
First off, my apologies for not posting a recipe last week. While I would love to spend all my time creating wonderful recipes for you, I am also at 3 other places throughout the week. I go from teaching P.E. at St. John’s Elementary School, to my Personal Training clients at HealthQuest Fitness Center to covering the strength & conditioning for the girls Volleyball and Basketball at Napa High School. I love that all my platforms give me the opportunity to impact the lives of so many people.
Now, on to the recipe! I LOVE brussels sprouts and I LOVE thanksgiving flavors. This recipe has a perfect combo of sweet, salty, and smoky. To make this recipe extra healthy and Whole30 compliant (sugar-free), use sugar-free bacon and cranberries.
We enjoyed this side-dish with a wonderful steak and mashed (or smashed?) potatoes!
Have a great day!
Thanksgiving-Style Brussels SproutsPrint Recipe
- 3-4 slices of bacon (sugar-free for Whole30)
- 1lb. Brussels sprouts (1 bag)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup of cranberries (sugar-free for Whole30)
- Dash of sea salt
1. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
2. In medium heat, cook the bacon pieces in a large pan until they are almost fully cooked.
3. While the bacon is cooking, cut the brussels sprouts in half.
4. Throw the brussels sprouts in with the bacon.
5. Cover and cook fro about 4 minutes.
6. Add the ghee, walnuts, and cranberries.
7. Cook for another 2 minutes uncovered until desired crispiness or tenderness.
8. Season with salt & pepper to taste.