Hey there strong people!
A staple recipe that I know you will love: Homemade mayonnaise (Paleo and Whole30 compliant).
The best part about this Homemade Mayo recipe is that it’s only 5 ingredients!
Also, you simply throw everything together, use an immersion blender and BAM…Mayo is ready! 20 seconds max. So. Easy.
Here’s why I love Homemade Mayo:
1. You choose the oils. It is very hard to find a mayo that is not made without canola oil, making your own solves this problem.
2. You can make homemade dressings. Ranch, throusand island, ceaser, you name it!
3. It has no added sweeteners or sugars. On a Whole30? This is the mayo for you!
4. Lastly, because who doesn’t love tuna salads, dips, deviled eggs, chicken salads, aioli, and/or egg salads?! Mayo based dishes will be a bit healthier using a homemade mayo.
5 Ingredient Homemade MayoPrint Recipe
- 1 Cup of light tasting olive oil or avocado oil.
- 1 Room temp. egg.
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt.
Add all of the ingredients into a "Pyrex" measuring cup.
Using an immersion hand blender, blend until it becomes thick.
Store in fridge in a mason jar.
Huge emphasis on the LIGHT TASTING OLIVE OIL. This will not work with regular olive oil/EVOO. Makes about 1 cup of mayo. Add things like sirracha, garlic or lime to make other fun flavors. You can try this in a high speed blender by pouring the oil slowly into the blender.